DIIGO

www.diigo.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 3 Wimba

I enjoyed reading all the feedback from everyone on the book we read. Thank you Professor Joe for picking an unconventional text. It was exactly what we needed. Life has been very hard these last few months. (I know you know, but I am saying it again..)My school is closing down. Going through this whole process, of fighting it, the decision, and then realizing we really couldn't have affected the decision was very emotional. Leaving students at the end of the year is always hard, knowing I won't see them in August makes it 100x harder.

A good friend of mine lost her battle with cancer this past week, while we were on vacation. Her boys played football with mine and she was always the team mom. My oldest son really wanted to see her and visit with her before she died, I promised him I would take him once we got back in town, then we got news of her passing. I can't help but think there was a reason for us not seeing her. I know the vision that would have stuck in our minds would not have been how she wanted us to remember her.

The book has reminded me to let go of things I cannot control; let others take the lead when I can't see the way.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy Madrigal’s response:

    http://web.me.com/nmadrigal/EDM_613_Madrigal_Nancy_Blog/Week_3/Week_3.html

    I will definitely keep you in my prayers. You are so correct! This book really did come in at the right time. I will definitely cherish the wisdom and wit that came from this book. I will definitely need to read it over because I know that there will be more revelations to embrace. I am sorry about your situation and as cliché as this may sound, “Everything happens for a reason”. I know that another even greater possibility will arise and you will be there to shine. I am also sorry to hear about your friend and as crazy as it seems, you made the right decision not letting your son witness her last days. That image would have been hard to erase and a child’s mind is so delicate, it’s better that things worked out as they did. Keep strong and remember that we graduate in several weeks and that is definitely a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy, for your kind words! MJ

    ReplyDelete